A solution to rental problems
Are you eligible to apply for Alaska Housing Rental Relief?
Beginning Tuesday, September 13 through October 1, Alaska residents can apply for help paying up to 3 months of rent or public services if they meet the program requirements.
What does Alaska Housing Rent Relief Cover?
- Eligible Alaska renters can receive up to three months of rent and/or utility assistance paid directly to landlords and utility companies.
- Due to federal restrictions, assistance is not available at this time for homeowners.
Who should check their Eligibility and Apply?
- Alaskans who are struggling to pay rent and/or utilities.
- Alaskans who are living in an overcrowded or unsafe situation, such as risk of domestic violence or sexual abuse.
- Alaskans who are or have been unemployed, or who are otherwise struggling to keep up financially.
- Alaskans who are at risk of eviction
Renters must apply for Alaska Housing Rent Relief; however, funding is provided directly to landlords and utility companies. Alaskans in need of rental assistance should check their eligibility and apply from Monday, Sept. 13 - Friday, Oct. 1, 2021. Information is regularly updated and available at AlaskaHousingRelief.org.
Who does Alaska Housing Rent Relief cover?
- AHFC’s online eligibility checker at AlaskaHousingRelief.org is the first step to verify applicant qualifications
- Everyone who meets eligibility requirements will be invited by email to apply for rent and utility relief at AlaskaHousingRelief.org
What are the minimum Federal Requirements?
- Household income cannot exceed limits identified by U.S. Treasury.
- At least one person per household must be directly or indirectly financially impacted by COVID-19.
- Demonstrated risk of housing instability or homelessness.
Are current Alaska Housing Rent Relief applicants eligible?
- Households currently receiving Alaska Housing Rent Relief funds are not eligible for overlapping assistance.
- Applicants who were withdrawn, deemed ineligible or are no longer receiving assistance through Alaska Housing Rent Relief may apply for additional relief.
When can alaskans apply?
- Alaskans can check their eligibility and apply for up to three months of assistance between Sept. 13 - Oct. 1, 2021
- Alaskans in need of rental assistance should sign up for information at AlaskaHousingRelief.org
Where can alaskans apply?
- Visit AlaskaHousingRelief.org to apply and to receive the most up-to-date information.
- Applying is easy and confidential.
- Accessible via mobile phone or desktop.
How does the application process work?
- Applicants must have a valid email address, phone number, and/or mobile phone number.
- A streamlined, upfront automated screening process quickly advances the first segment of the application.
- A robust behind-the-scenes system includes text and email notifications to keep eligible applicants informed of important dates, reminders and information.
- Renters below the income limit are set for priority processing.
- Required documentation will include valid identification/income/lease/landlord’s contact information and/or utility company information.
- Payments are made directly to landlords and utility companies.
- Applicants who provide valid identification and prove financial hardship will be able to access a tenant letter, which can be presented to landlords or in court, designed specifically to help to divert evictions.